Homebrew competition returns this year to West Plains BrewFest – August 1, 2020!
Official BJCP judging! We will have official medals to award!
Get valuable insights from certified beer judges that can help you learn how to improve your homebrew.
Hope you can join us for this 4th Annual Homebrew Competition just prior to this year’s BrewFest at the West Plains Civic Center. This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, August 1, 2020.
BrewFest is an annual event hosted by West Plains Council on the Arts that supports arts activities in West Plains, including the Gatewood Family Fine Arts Scholarship and the Old Time Music, Ozark Heritage Festival.
Register and let us know what you are bringing, and we will promote what you are doing on Facebook.
* Entry fee $25 per entrant – includes two (2) 2020 BrewFest tickets
• Registration forms are due by July 24, 2020.
• Bottle entries: All bottles for the competition must be dropped off at Wages Brewing Company in West Plains (located at 1382 Bill Virdon Blvd) during their normal business hours by no later than July 31, 2020. If you are participating from out of town and need to mail your bottles for judging, please contact Amy Fisher (417-204-2878) for mailing instructions.
• Keg entries: If you will be providing a keg, you do not need to provide bottles; simply bring it to the Civic Center prior to the competition.
• Each bottle must be clearly labeled with brewer’s name, beer type, and category for easy identification. No other information should be included on the bottles.
• Judging will occur at the West Plains Civic Center and begins promptly at 1:00 p.m. on August 1, participants must arrive by noon.
• Entrants may enter as many BJCP categories as desired (one per beer).
• Winners will be announced at the close of competition and throughout the evening during BrewFest
• What to bring: o Entrants must bring a minimum of 3 bottles of each style to participate in judging.
o Entrants are encouraged to participate in tasting during BrewFest by providing free samples to attendees. To do so, entrants must bring a minimum of 5 gallons or one keg of at least one style. If entrants provide enough beer to participate in tasting, two (2) additional free tickets to BrewFest will be provided.
o Entrants that participate in tasting must bring means of dispensing beer (keg, CO2, taps, etc).
o If desired, ice will be provided by the organizers.
• Prizes: 1st , 2nd , and 3rd winners will be chosen by BJCP Judges. In addition to prizes, each participant will receive a detailed scoresheet for each entry.
*Best of Show will be the Peoples Choice winner. Donations will be counted as votes for the most popular beer. Donations will be given to West Plains Council on the Arts at the end of the evening.
• Please return the entry form to Amy Fisher via email – Aym@wagesbrewco.com or drop off in person at Wages Brewing.